Psycho-Legal and Forensic Psychology
Professor Gertie (H.G) Pretorius is exceedingly qualified and experienced in Psycho-Legal, Psycho-Labour, and Forensic Psychological services, as she has been practicing within the field for 41 years. Her extensive experience and in-depth knowledge span a wide range of subjects related to Psycho-Legal, Psycho-Labour, and Forensic Psychology, she therefore, is regularly requested to assist the Honourable Court as well as the Honourable Family Advocate in criminal matters pertaining to both alleged perpetrators and victims of crime, as well as family matters pertaining to residence, care, and contact. She also assists in Psycho-Labour work in the fields of Labour disputes.
Professor Gertie (H.G) Pretorius has been instrumental in the writing and editing of a highly celebrated book in the Psycho-Legal and Forensic Psychology field, titled, “Introduction to Forensic Psychology and Psycho Legal Work” which was published in 2022. Since its publication, the book has been widely referred to, and used by fellow experts in the field, as well as tertiary institutions.
Furthermore, her prolific publications include several Psycho-Legal fields of study. Professor Gertie (H.G) Pretorius is a praised visiting Professor at The Centre for Legal Studies (CALS) at The University of Witwatersrand, as well as a highly sought-after supervisor for Psycho-Legal and Forensic Psychology work and the training of Masters level Clinical, Counselling, and Educational Psychologists.
Professor Gertie (H.G) Pretorius’ services include, but are not limited to:
- Family Assessments
- Residence, Care, and Contact
- Family Disputes
- Parenting Plans
- Reintegration Therapy
- Relocation Matters
- Medical Negligence
- Criminal Capacity and responsibility (including but not limited to: Psychological Assessments of violence and sexual offenders)
- Victim Impact Assessments
- Sentencing Reports
- Risk Assessments (including but not limited to: Risk of sexual offending, risk of violence, risk of re-offending)
- HPCSA CPD Training in Psycho-Legal and Forensic Psychology (Theory, Ethics, Evaluation, Psychometric Assessment, Report Writing)
- Visiting Professor at The Centre for Legal Studies (CALS) at The University of Witwatersrand
- Supervision for Psycho-Legal and Forensic Psychology
- Training of Masters level Clinical, Counselling, and Research Psychologists